Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My principal approached me a couple of weeks ago about a mid-year report.  I had provided him with some quick stats just in time for his fall presentation to the board of ed and those stats were a hit... so now he's back for more.  I have been collecting ideas in my Evernote account on what might constitute relevant and effective evidence.  I have a new database that has thousands of views in 4 months time that I can tie to classes I've taught.  Not bad.  What else?  As I say , I have a running list , but I would love to hear what eveyone else is doing.  With the looming shadow of new teacher evaluation systems being negotiated ànd implemented, our ever present efforts to justify our value in our schools are more critical than ever.  What's your favorite measure of your impact on students? Responses will be shared in a future post.